.....An iDEASCOPE MEDIA

5 May 2019

National squash player Nafiizwan Adnan retires

National squash player Nafiizwan Adnan (pic) has called time on his career after bowing out in the quarter-finals of the Asian Individual Championships.



The 33-year-old from Kuala Terengganu fell 4-11, 4-11, 3-11 to top seed and world No. 10 Saurav Ghosal of India at the National Squash Centre in Bukit Jalil on Friday (May 3).

“This is my last tournament for the squash season and also my last one representing Malaysia. I’m going to retire now,” said Nafiizwan after the match.

“I have to thank my wife, my parents, family, my brother, my best friends and also the National Sports Council and National Sports Institute for supporting me throughout my career.



Nicknamed the Komodo Dragon, the highlight of Nafiizwan’s career was when he became the first Malaysian to win a medal in the men’s individual event at the Commonwealth Games in Australia in April last year. He clinched a bronze.

He later went on to win the men’s individual bronze medal and men’s team gold medal at the Asian Games in Indonesia in September.

In 2011, he also won the Asian Squash Individual Championship.

He reached a career high of world No. 26 in the Professional Squash Association rankings in 2017.


No comments:

Post a Comment

NAIJA SQUASH MEDIA ADVERT PLACEMENTS

SQUASH: The Nigeria Squash Federation starts Grassroot Development program with 16 states

The Nigeria Squash Federation NSF jump started the Grassroot development program yesterday in Kwara state with 16 states across the cou...