.....An iDEASCOPE MEDIA

29 Apr 2019

Mistura Durosinlorun retains trophy, three times in a row

Squash: Durosinlorun retains trophy, three times in a row Mistura Durosinlorun, an 11-year-old player, on Saturday retained her title as the U-13 Champion of the Ex-Squash Pro U-13 and U-16 championships for the third time.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Durosinlorun won the maiden edition of the tournament in 2017 and later in 2018.
She had a seemingly easy ride to the finals, until she met her first runner up Delight Allison of Akwa Ibom State in a best of five match.
Durosinlorun said she almost lost hope because she wasn’t sure of the game.
She said: “I wasn’t sure at some point.
“She had won two rounds and I wasn’t sure.
“I was tensed and the crowd didn’t make it easy on me.
“One thing I have learnt is never to play with so much tension.
“It felt like I was playing squash for the first time.
“I was overwhelmed by the pressure to win.
“Thank God I was able to win the last game.
“It could have gone either way.
“She’s one of strongest player have ever played against.
“I love the challenge.
“Next time, I’d train 10 times harder.”
NAN reports that Durosinlorun defeated Allison 3-2 in a very tough finals of the U-13 category for girls.
Allison, who gave a good account of herself, was however sad and hoped to redeem herself in the 2020 edition of the championships.
She said: “Even though I know I played well enough, I’m still sad that I was unable to win the last round.
“I hope that come 2020 I’d be better prepared that’s my goal.”
Allison won the first round 11-9, while Durosinlorun won the second set 11-8.
Allison had a come back and won the third set 10-6.
The Kwara State player changed the game when she won the fourth set 11-9.
She also won the last set 11-10.
In a hilarious final between the Nzei brothers from Akwam Ibom State, although Daniel couldn’t live up to his expectations, but he gave his brother a good run for his money.
Wisdom won 3-2, but Daniel didn’t let the last match go easily.
It could have gone either way.
Daniel said: “I’m not sad I lost, but I’d have loved to win.
“I was tensed in the last set, but I’m happy I made it to the finals.
“If I don’t have to play with my brother again I’d be glad.
“He’s tough.
“He doesn’t give up.
“He plays like it’s his last match.”
Wisdom said: “I’m glad I won.
“Maybe Danny will have to wait for 2020.
“I won’t be slowing down either.”
NAN reports that the champions will go home with cash prizes and medals to be given to the best four in all categories.
CREDIT: THE EAGLE ONLINE

No comments:

Post a Comment

NAIJA SQUASH MEDIA ADVERT PLACEMENTS

SQUASH: The Nigeria Squash Federation starts Grassroot Development program with 16 states

The Nigeria Squash Federation NSF jump started the Grassroot development program yesterday in Kwara state with 16 states across the cou...